Charlie's Books

Charlie's Books
Buon Giorno, Amici!

Our motto ...

Leave the (political) party. Take the cannoli.

"It always seems impossible until it's done." Nelson Mandela

Right now 6 Stella crime novels are available on Kindle for just $.99 ... Eddie's World has been reprinted and is also available from Stark House Press (Gat Books).

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Blondie(s)! And TK responds to the Doc ...

Amici:

So I come home from work Friday night prepared for our Friday night Mexican dinner date and there’s a strange, beautiful tomata’ waiting for me inside casa Stella. Ever the debonair, soave bolla, romantic type, I say, “Wifey, Madonna mia, wanna’ fool around first?”

This is some big deal, amici. Remember I haven’t eaten dinner yet.

“You like it?” she asked.

“Are you kiddin’ me? Forgetaboutit (the really good forgetaboutit), I love it. I just wish there was something I could do to myself for you.”

I could see her wheels turning. Recently she applied for a gun permit, for one thing ... and I’ve seen her practicing with knives, but eventually she settled on, “Let’s go to dinner, fatso, before I change my mind.”

Ten years ago, the wife had a crush on Ali G ...


But settled for me ...


It'll be ten years this January, amici ... that’s what I’m talkin’ about. We headed down to the Bahamas ... the honeymooners ...


Give the woman credit, amici ... this is what she has to put up with these days ...


And sometimes this ... (my kids call me the Phat Dad) ...


Now, it's on to Mr. Compassion, the Doc. First of all, sir Doc, say hello to my friend Maria ...



As for the movie reviews ... stuff this in your can of Pabst and drink it:






And thirdly, Mr. Doc ... my beloved New York State Buffalo Bills are 2-0 going into Sunday’s game vs. the Cheatriots. There’s no fantasy there, pal o’mine.



And now onto Doc’s politics. It was GOP Presidential hopeful, Mitt Romney who recently claimed, “Corporations are people.”


(The pick above was borrowed from Ben Whitmer’s blog) ...

Republicans vs. Obama ... TK beg’s to differ with the Doc (that bastion of warmth and compassion). First off, the list of perpetrators in the last Republican debate should not be measured against Obama. While I have no doubt any self-respecting moron can run the office of President better than Mr. Obama, the list of Republican candidates (like the President himself) have thus far failed to measure up to self-respecting moron status. Did you (Doc) see the debate the other night? The way we at TK see it, the difference between the next major party president and the last one (like this one and the one before him) is so negligible and inconsequential (meaning they will do whatever they can for those who own them versus those who vote for them), it makes ZERO difference which party gets their man (or woman) into the oval office.

Well, since Doc is not on Facebook, here’s a repeat of what I learned from the Republican Debate (minus the typos) ...

Rick Santorum: He wants to stay in Iraq, Afghanistan and sounded as if maybe we should start a few more wars because “Americans want a victory” ... he also wants to reverse our military policy regarding gays, except his cover for that was “Sex doesn’t belong in the military.” Straight from the dark ages ... I’ll assume he has the support of his immediate family ...

Herman Cain: Funny guy, but I don’t think he’s figured out he’s the token African-American on their stage ...

Newt Gingrich: He still looks like the kid from A League of Their Own ... you know the kid who you wanted to slap the shit out of ...

Gov. Gary Johnson: Who?

Rick Perry: Exposed once again as somebody who makes George W. Bush look intelligent (think about how hard that is) ...

Michele Bachmann: She wants us to keep every dollar we earn. I guess she’ll be holding bake sales for the construction of America’s infrastructure, paying the military bills, social security, etc. The woman remains a nonsensical candidate.

Ron Paul: Poor Ron ... he’s lost it of late. He used to be somewhat engaging, but he’s probably done more to damage the libertarian cause this election than help it.

Jon Huntsman: If this guy looked anymore programmed, he could be a robot ... that said, he’s probably the most intelligent guy up there (which is NOT saying much). His wanting to get out of Afghanistan was refreshing (to everyone except Santorum, but he’s nuts) ... I guess he just doesn’t have the support because he served a Democratic President ...

Mitt Romney: I guess he was the big winner last night, although I still don’t see how or why. At this point, I see Romney as Obama has been to Bush (sometimes Bush III, sometimes Bush Light and sometimes Bush on Steroids). He has about the same spine (jello) and I’m not sure which candidate has less conviction in what they espouse (Obama or Romney).

Again, I don’t see why the Republicans are running anybody against Obama. He’s done more for their corporate cause than any GOP President I can remember ...

As for Doc’s request that I not waste my vote (because just like lemmings on the Democratic side of the zero sum equation) Doc’s version of the lesser of two evils might lose ... well, what a great idea that is!

Talk about votes being tampons!

Vote for somebody you don’t believe can (or will) support what you want because the other side won’t do what you support, except, as it turned out (yet again), the one you wanted didn’t support (except rhetorically) what you wanted.

Confusing?

You betcha ... but even more confusing is watching Democrats and Republicans pick at each others’ scabs while the powerbrokers who own both major parties have a good laugh all the way to the bank. The message from both sides is simple: This is the very best we have, so choose or be a tampon, suckers.


Really?

You party faithful types can kid yourselves all you want (this includes you, Doc).  The time for revolution has come. We can either do it via the ballot box (and vote both major parties out) or in the streets the old fashioned way (clink on this revolution link) ... and looking at the next few years of ever expanding poverty in this (Sarah Palin voiceover) “great land of ours”, you can bet (or betcha) your bottom dollar the streets are getting a lot more attractive to those losing everything they’ve been conned into thinking was an American dream.


Right now, for all intents and purposes, the American dream has become a state sponsored lottery ticket. If that’s your purpose in life, to be richer than the next guy (because why?) ... well, keep buying those quick-picks ... suckers.

Tampon my ass.

—Knucks

Leave the political party, take the cannoli. And remember, yous only get one shot ...