Charlie's Books

Charlie's Books
Buon Giorno, Amici!

Our motto ...

Leave the (political) party. Take the cannoli.

"It always seems impossible until it's done." Nelson Mandela

Right now 6 Stella crime novels are available on Kindle for just $.99 ... Eddie's World has been reprinted and is also available from Stark House Press (Gat Books).

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Back Pain ... Angels and Demons ... the Stella Raccoon ...

Amici:

Just say no ... to powerlifting? Well, at least for now ... the ugly one had a back spasm early Friday morning (4:55 a.m. to be exact) and unfortunately, there was weight on my back and I was just starting up from the hole of a squat. Forgetaboutit ... now I’m an official dope fiend on muscle relaxants and pain killers ...

Think it’s time to grow up yet? I turn 54 next week ... the meet for August 1st (Jersey States) is officially out of the question now as I suspect this will take at least a few weeks to recover from and by then I’ll atrophy back to starting all over.

No thanks.

What really pisses me off is the following: I was up to 25 minutes on the elliptical machine with ZERO pain while losing weight ... this back injury will also sidetrack all of that progress and completely slow me down losing weight. But I will lose the weight and then start all over for 2011 and this time I’ll make sure to stretch and take my focking time. I had finished my light lifting workout 5 minutes early and decided to get my light squats “out of the way” before the weekend ... so I didn’t stretch enough, jumped a set and limped away cursing a blue streak.

DOC said: “Cowboy-up, you big baby. If it makes you feel better, just think that much of what you earn today will go to me. At your age you need to look into another sport... maybe checkers.”

I told you, amici, it ain’t easy being me ...

Then again, this guy (Ed Coan, a legend in the sport) had it a lot worse than me:



Except, of course, I would’ve had AT LEAST 500 pounds less on the bar when my knee (and/or back) gave out ...


Angels and Demons ... DOC insisted I read a book that sold gazillions to learn the formula. I stopped reading after 10 pages.

The Stella Raccoon ... here he was outside our garage (where we breed them just to piss off neighbors) ...

Hopefully he was set free somewhere close to Oregon and not around the corner.

It’s too painful to sit here for long today, amici ... have a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend!

—Knucks